The definitions of intercession is “to cause a coming together or meeting between two opposing sides for the purpose of bringing agreement.” To engage in prophetic intercession is to commit to praying through God’s prophetic purposes. In this ministry you become a co-laborer working together with God, you enter into partnership with the Almighty. Prophetic is only prophetic, if it brings you into the knowledge of what’s on the heart and mind of God. It can be an inner conviction of his will, a sudden revelation from His word, hearing the condition of some situation or event that triggers the prophetic spirit to move and react.
- Prophetic Intercession is waiting before God in order to hear or to receive God’s burden, His Word, His concern, His directive, His vision or His promises, then responding back to the Lord and/or to the people with appropriate actions or instructions. When operating in prophetic intercession, there may be times of weeping and travailing. Sometimes one may experience pain in his/her body. There are burdens given for an immediate response and there are others you will carry with you over a period of time. When you have the heart of God you’ll begin to experience brokenness and your heart begin to connect with the purposes of God’s heart (Luke 2:36)
- Prophetic Intercessors have the ability to receive instant prayer requests from the prompting of the Spirit of God that should be prayed about until the burden is lifted. Prophetic intercession often times come with instruction, direction, guidance, confirmation and warning regarding unseen situations and circumstances.
- Prophetic Intercession can come in the form of a sudden urge or a prayer burden, prayer prompting, strong crying and/or a certain feeling of sadness flowing deep within. I have even experienced a sensation of hunger, but not for food. This is an example of God interrupts an intercessor’s schedule and stepping in to alter certain situations for another person.
- Prophetic Intercession paves the way for the fulfillment of the promises and prayer requests. Prophetic intercession is an urgency or pulling on one’s spirit to pray, given by the Holy Spirit for situations or circumstances with which you have little knowledge of in the natural. When we do this, we begin to pray requests that are in the heart of God. “Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth His secret unto his servants the prophets” (Amos 3:7).
- Prophetic Intercession includes intercession and prophecy. As we pray what the Holy Spirit reveals, God releases it in the Earth.
- Prophetic Intercession is where the anointing of the prophet and priest merge together and plead with God about situations and circumstances in order to fulfill God’s divine purpose and will. “But if they are prophets, and if the word of the LORD is with them, let them now make intercession to the LORD of Hosts…” (Jer. 27:18).