1 Corinthians 12:3-9, Romans 12:1-8
The gifts of the Spirit are gifts, talents and abilities given by God to facilitate individuals calling to work in the ministry. These are gifts of the Holy Spirit as listed in the book of Corinthians and Romans. Many believers think they are prophets because they can prophesy (that is) speaking into peoples’ lives. They are operating the gift of prophecy and not the office. ” But he who prophesies speaks to men for their edification, encouragement and comfort.” – 1 Corinthians 14:3
The gift of prophecy speaks to people to upbuild, encourage and consulate. This gift of prophecy lacks the ability and power to enforce, invoke, predict, illuminate, impart, correct, give direction and mobilize the power of their prophecies as with the Office of prophet. Gifts must be governed by love. “And now abideth faith, hope charity, these three; but the greatest of thes is charity (love).” – 1 Cor. 13:13.
“Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass or a tinkling cymbal. Just making a lots of noise but producing no fruit.” – 1 Cor. 13:1.
“Love suffereth long, and is KIND, envieth not, vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seek not her own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evi, rejoice not in iniquity, but the truth, bear all things, believe, hope and endure things.” – 1 Cor. 13:4-7.
- Word of Wisdom—the divine ability to understand what is revealed.
- Word of Knowledge—the divine ability to know something outside of natural means about a person, place, or thing.
- Faith—believing God, regardless of how it looks in the natural.
- Gift of Healing—a divine gift to bring healing and restoration.
- Working of Miracles—a divine operational ability that executes supernatural acts of God.
- Prophecy—the divine ability to receive from God the hidden truth and relay it in the natural realm.
- Discerning of Spirits—the divine ability to see or peer into the spirit realm, discerning angels, demonic forces and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Speaking in Tongues—the Divine ability to speak in a supernatural language that has never been learned, but given by the unction of the Holy Spirit.
- Interpretation of Tongues—the divine ability to interpret the supernatural message of one who speaks in tongues given by the Holy Spirit. The above list are only a few of the many gifts given by the Holy Spirit.